Sunday, May 5, 2013

Peace with Silence

Something new that I noticed this past week, was being able to walk into work, sit down at my desk and start working. Before my trip to Illinois, the first thing I would do was start music at my desk and had it playing most of the morning.

Then, I realized the same thing here at home. I walk in and start doing things in the kitchen or somewhere else and noticed I haven't turned the TV on. Normally that is the first thing that I would do.

And being able to go to bed, read for a few moments, turn the light out and go to sleep till morning in my own bed. Waking up in the morning and being able to lay there and enjoy the silence before my mind starts going too much with thoughts of Robert not being here.

Coming to a place of peace with silence.


No comments: