Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Healing Continues to Come

Healing Continues to Come in unexpected ways.

I recently met a friend. They sent me a link to a song. A song by Laura Story. A powerful song but one that has been hard for me to listen to since Robert's passing. Listening in the context of sitting here in the comfort of my home and not driving. The tears burned my eyes as the strolled down my cheeks. It touched a very deep place. The place of worship and intimacy in my life. The place that God dwells.

On the screen also had the history behind the song. Knowing the reason and the purpose and Laura's story, it touched my heart in a deep way. And yet another song was there so I played it as well. The tears continued to flow. The power of healing through song and a friend who cared.

It is at this time that I am finally able to listen once again to Christian radio.

Maybe one day I will be able to pray out loud with people again. My prayers since Robert's passing have only been tears. In public and in private.

God knows what we need. He knows how to get the sorrow out of our hearts. He knows and He is gentle with His caring heart.

The Lord is faithful to His children.

No comments: