Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Lost

When an avalanche happens much is lost. The beauty of the landscape, to the animals that inhabit the location. Plus, if anyone has ever built anything around such a place, all is lost beneath the rubble.


So, what happens when an 'avalanche' hits a person? It could be a death, moving, accident and so on. The person remains intact but the emotions may go on an emotional roller coaster.

Death and grief go hand-in-hand. When there is death a world can turn upside down. With God in the midst of it, there is grace to walk through. There is a Light that shines through the rubble. It's being able to walk through the rubble and make sense of the life at the other end of that rubble. What will it look like? Much is lost but there is still a whole lot to gain. Stepping up and over and around the boulders that have fallen. Wondering if you will be able to continue on.

Looking back I have had ten deaths in the last six years. Some that held significant places in my life and others that affect me, as it has hit close to home. Now being in a safe place, I am seeing the rubble where I have come from. But yet being able to move forward takes a baby step each day.

Boxes still fill my house, as I sift through my emotions and 'stuff', to create a new life with the blessings of a new husband and a daughter. God knew what I would need when he brought them into my life. There is joy in my life and I have moved forward, but yet, there is a darkness that lurks beneath.

When meeting new friends, my conversations can quickly turn to death and grief. It's not that I hold onto them but each conversations leads and directs from your life. My life in the last six years has drastically taken a turn. So, as I sort through my rubble, will those who come into my life be able to give me the grace to sort through my life.

Many will say 'you need to let go'...my question, let go of what? Many will say 'you need to move on'...I have done such. Many will say 'you need to forgive'...is this really about forgiveness or finding a life that has drastically changed? Many will say 'the past is the past'...so what does that really mean? The answers come quickly from folks who may not understand or have walked the path of grief and loss. And there is forgiveness for those who lack the understanding and quickly speak with their mouths.

Doesn't the past reflect upon what the future holds. When Jesus comes into a person's life, He doesn't just change you over night but over time. There are times when He may do that in a person's life but for the most part, if He drastically changed you over night, you would not be able to recognize yourself. It is gradual as you seek The Lord each day.

We are not lost in God's eyes when tragedy hits. His Hand of grace and strength can be found. As we move forward there is much to gain. There are others that will follow behind. Will you be a blessing to those that may walk in your footsteps? What are the hidden things that God wants to bring forth into your life? We live and have our being in Him. He is the One who has given us breathe. He knows everything about you! So when things are 'lost', look for the Shining Light in the rubble.

Jesus' past is our hope for the future. Him dying on the cross has given us eternal life. Our past does reflect our future, we are made in the Lord's image. His past reflects our future. Nothing is lost if we continue to seek The Lord. There is Hope!!

No comments: