Thursday, October 9, 2008

The extended family

This past Sunday, Robert and I hosted his family to our home. It was their first time seeing his home since I started painting and redecorating since the wedding. Lots of changes, but they all seemed to like the changes. After church, we started cooking BBQ pork chops and chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn and Robert's yummy dessert of peach cobbler and ice cream.

We had a lovely three hour visit. Although, we were saddened that his grandparents were unable to come. His grandma fell just a couple of days before and didn't feel up to going out. She is excited to see the place so hopefully soon she will feel up to coming.

I can say it is fun having my own house to decorate and create a place for my husband to come home to every evening. A desire that I have had for many years. I still feel like I'm dreaming and there are days that I still can't believe that I am married.

'For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.' Psalm 84:11

Thank you, Lord, for fulfilling my deepest desire! May you receive the Glory.

No comments: